There are many places to become involved at Northside. Team Ministries are one of those areas of involvement. Whatever your passion — whether to participate in a mission effort, the worship service and the supporting activities, music, audio/visual, hospitality, decorating, or even helping to maintain the physical plant – there is a place where your participation will be welcomed! Here are a few duties of the Teams:
- Provide ministry to the Church members and families of the congregation in times of celebration and need, either through individual Deacon relationships, or through various care groups. Deacons maintain a more detailed list of deacon care group and deacon team activities.
- At his request, assist the Pastor in securing a guest preacher when the Pastor is unavailable to fill the pulpit.
- Select three persons from the diaconate to serve as an Interim Pastor Search Committee should the Pastor position become vacant.
- Develop guidelines for distributing benevolent funds when and where needs are determined.
- In support of our Church Covenant, promote the spirit of cooperation and peace within our Church.
- To coordinate the maintenance and safe operations of all facilities of the Church.
- To review as needed the policies related to the use of facilities, equipment and properties by Church members, organizations and outside groups.
- Maintain an inventory of all Church property and equipment including the quantity, location and value of items. The inventory should be updated every three years.
- Regularly inspect all buildings, grounds and equipment to insure the properties are suitable and safe for operations.
- Develop a schedule for regular maintenance and/or replacement of buildings and equipment.
- Enlist coordinators for the various mission projects of the Church and assist project coordinators in enlisting volunteers for the various projects.
- Encourage mission involvement by the congregation. Select materials for and provide educational events and opportunities that focus on regular mission emphases and offerings supported by the Church. Coordinate the placement of special offering envelopes and materials in pew racks with the Worship Team.
- Recommend to the Finance Committee adequate funding to cover the expenses of mission and outreach projects and organizations. Determine special mission offering goals and communicate to the congregation and church staff.
- Assist the staff and congregation by making known to the community the life and ministry of the Church.
- Develop partnerships with other groups, churches, and agencies providing opportunities of involvement in association, state, national and international mission endeavors.
- The team will enlist and train persons to operate the sound, lighting and video equipment for all worship services and special events, and to provide for the maintenance and proper functioning of the technological equipment used by the Church.
- Encourage the Church in supporting and providing a variety of worship opportunities, and recommend to the staff ways for improving the worship experience.
- Provide and store sanctuary worship aids. Regularly maintain supplies in the pew racks.
- Assist the church staff in selecting and training wedding consultants to work with couples in the planning and performance of wedding ceremonies in compliance with the Church’s wedding policy.
- Select and train individuals to assist in worship as ushers, worship readers, and other ways of participation in worship.
- Assist the Director of Music Ministries in the maintenance and care of all musical instruments and equipment.
Christian Education Team
- Coordinate the ongoing Bible study program on Sunday morning and/or at other times as directed by the Church.
- Assist staff members in the selection of curriculum and leaders for small group and church-wide Bible studies and discipleship programs related to Christian faith and growth.
- Work with staff members to select and train leaders and workers for Bible studies, discipleship programs, and other special events related to Bible study.
- Lead the Vacation Bible School Program.